Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach – University of Lynchburg
|School:||University of Lynchburg|
Full Time, benefits eligible
Head Coach and serves at the pleasure of the Director of Athletics
The full time Women’s Basketball assistant coach provides support and leadership in all aspects of developing highly successful programs primarily focused on instruction and mentorship for student athletes. The Women’s Basketball assistant is expected to be fully integrated into the life of the program, the athletics department and university mission. The position is an avenue to empower and build lives through the avenue of college athletics.
Daily throughout the traditional championship season
1. Prepare logistics around competitions as assigned. Travel, meals, itinerary, etc.
2. Take initiative during warmups and during pre-meet preparation.
3. Provide feedback throughout the course of competition.
4. Positive reinforcement for athletes at all times possible.
Non Traditional Season:
1. Enforce/Coordinate with strength and conditioning coach.
2. Equipment inventory and setup.
3. Equipment and apparel distribution and inventory.
4. Organize individual one on one meetings.
6. Prepare season schedule and travel plans.
7. Work with the department for all necessary paperwork/certifications for the team.
8. Get driver authorization.
1. Planning special events and community service.
2. Arrange overnight visits for recruits.
3. Prepare communications with families and alumni.
4. Uniforms distribution, collection and inventory.
5. Selection and organization of attire orders.
6. Planning visit days.
1. Become proficient with Front Rush database
2. Keep a record of interested students.
3. Keep a record of accepted students.
4. Keep a record of students who visited campus.
5. Keep a record of correspondences sent to prospective players and coaches.
6. Return correspondences sent to prospective players and coaches.
7. Identify top recruits.
8. View recruits profiles and progression.
9. Send out timely emails about events on campus.
10. Open House participation.
11. On campus meetings with families.
12. Provide Campus tours of recruits and families as directed.
13. Attend showcases and perspective player’s games throughout the year.
1. Performs any other related duties as may be required.
Please follow link below for complete job description and application information.