Incumbent functions as Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach. This position works under the general supervision of the Head Women’s Basketball coach who outlines broad program goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the head coach to develop implement and manage the budget for the program. Prepares and finalizes travel arrangements for the program according to departmental policies and guidelines.
- Assists in making assignments and providing supervision and direction to the team manager and volunteer assistant coaches.
- Assists in organizing and conducting practice sessions.
- Assists in the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assists in preparing the budget for the sport’s activity.
- As needed finalizes travel arrangements and details with the Athletic Director.
- Assists in preparing equipment requests as needed.
- Assists in scheduling of scrimmages and contests (conference and non conference).
- Recommends student-athletes for awards to head coach.
- Furnishes a team roster to the administrative assistant, compliance coordinator and sports communications director for eligibility, administrative and promotions clarification when directed.
- Assists in coordination of team pictures and news releases with the Sports Communications Director.
- Assists in ensuring appropriate conduct of student-athletes.
- Assists in academic study session and progress report monitoring.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of team building activities, fundraising initiatives and departmental activities and events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.