The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Basketball Coach in all aspects of the women’s basketball program, including (but not limited to) practice and game preparation, recruiting and retention of student-athletes, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches, budget management, fund-raising, scheduling, public relations, community service and strict adherence to all NCAA and university rules.
- Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition;
- Assists in the identification and recruitment of potential student-athletes for the women’s basketball program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards;
- Coordinates one or more specified areas or components of team play (e.g., defense, offense, and/or various individual positions);
- Provides guidance and assistance to student-athletes on a range of personal issues, as required;
- Leads, monitors, and coordinates training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained;
- Provides assistance in the coordination and administration of the overall program, as required;
- Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the general public; and
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution, Master’s preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- A record of integrity and leadership;
- Willingness to advance the goals of the Tiffin University Department of Athletics, including fundraising;
- A commitment to the academic success and graduation of student-athletes.