Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the head coach and other staff members with routine administrative responsibilities of the assigned sport program and management of the women’s team.
- Coaches at the direction of the head coach provides instruction, demonstration and teaching the sport’s dynamics to student-athletes to ensure maximum potential of individuals and the team as a whole.
- Recruits and scouts prospective student-athletes from high school, junior and community colleges.
- Makes recommendations to the head coach regarding potential of student-athletes.
- Stay current, understand, and adhere to all NCAA guidelines and maintain up-to-date rosters, squad lists, and other information using the Compliance Assistant Internet (CAI) program and ARMS software. Assist in coordinating and developing organized schedules and submitting weekly countable hours report according to NCAA policy. Will report any violations of these established rules, which may arise, to the proper officials.
- Assist head coach in coordinating team travel, arranging competitive schedule, organizing and scheduling practice sessions, updating and maintaining student-athlete recruiting databases, updating and maintaining files (both hard copy and video) of opponents
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a comprehensive public relations program.
- Assist in managing the operations of sport camps and/or clinics.
- Assist in managing all department fund-raising and booster events in accordance with NCAA, Heartland Conference, and institutional rules, policies, and procedures.
- Establishes and ensures communication and enforcement of rules and regulations concerning student-athlete conduct, appearance, road games, punctuality and other areas
- Other duties as assigned
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
Experience – Three (3) years previous high school, collegiate or higher level coaching and playing experience.
- General knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Oral and written communication skills.
Licensing / Professional Certification:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for occasional driving.
- Must possess CPR Certification and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
Physical Requirements – None.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of Others:
This position generally does not supervise employees.
- Position requires travel.
- Position requires working evening and/or weekend hours.
- Applicants are subject to an NCAA enforcement staff compliance review, and employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
First review of applications will be May 17, 2019