The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting with the management, coaching and oversight of certain phases of the program necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures adherence to all rules and regulations of Texas A&M University-Commerce, Conference, and the NCAA.
- Completes data entry related tasks, creates and maintains files and creates and provides statistical analysis.
- Coordinates student-athlete needs as assigned.
- Assists with recruiting, instructing and retaining highly skilled student –athletes for the basketball team.
- Recruits and serves as a point of contact with high school and community college transfer athletes upon taking and passing the NCAA Recruiting Test.
- Assists with player development, training, study table, etc.
- Participates in practice and training sessions.
- Coordinates activities through the Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
- Assists in marketing and promotion of basketball
- Assists with the coordination of basketball travel.
- Assists with marketing of camp and camp instruction.
- Assist head coach as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three years of prior collegiate coaching or high school coaching experience. Demonstrated knowledge of Women’s Basketball terminology and skill level. Must be self-motivated and team-oriented. Excellent interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to accumulate, organize, decipher and interpret recruiting notes. Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Four or more years of collegiate or high school head coaching experience. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I rules. Graphic design experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise student workers.