Located in the upstate region of South Carolina, Southern Wesleyan University sits just minutes from Clemson University of the ACC. Southern Wesleyan University is dedicated to the concept that God is the source of all truth and wisdom. Its mission is to create an atmosphere in which members of the university community work together toward wholeness through the integration of personal faith, intellectual pursuits, and practical living. The university seeks to meet the needs of students with various abilities and backgrounds, enabling them to realize their personal and professional educational goals. SWU is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). SWU competes in the very competitive Conference Carolinas.
- Abide by and comply with the constitution, bylaws, and interpretations of the NCAA D II, Conference Carolinas and University rules and regulations relating to the conduct and administration of the program. Report any known or suspected violations of the NCAA D II, Conference Carolinas and/or University promptly to the Director of Athletics.
- Adhere to, respect, and follow the academic standards and requirements of the University in regards to the recruiting and eligibility of prospective and current student-athletes for the program.
- Assist student-athletes in obtaining spiritual growth, a quality education, and appropriate academic accomplishments.
- Assist in recruiting student-athletes who are mission fit, academically solid, and athletically skilled.
- Assist the head coach in planning and running practice and competition.
- Assist the head coach in scouting of opponents and travel preparation.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned; potential work at the P.B. Wood Driving Range.
Successful candidates should display commitment to self-motivation, must be born-again Christians, and must be committed to the institution’s mission of Christ-centered higher education. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Needs to passionately support and articulate the University mission and vision for athletics within the context of that mission. In addition, see Mission and Lifestyle Expectations below.
- Must have an earned bachelor’s degree.
- Needs to be gifted in supervising and motivating others.
- Must subscribe to the principles and lifestyle of the Wesleyan Church.
- SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals; the ideal candidate will be familiar with integrated database management systems (Front Rush), including reporting, and have a high comfort level with web-based, mobile and PC applications including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. Must demonstrate a mature and expressive Christian faith commitment.
- Physical/Environmental Requirements. Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead. Requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, and at times, up to 50 pounds. Must have visual acuity to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly. Requires ability to work in an outside environment for significant periods of time. Frequent travel and a flexible work schedule are required of this position.
- Driving. Must have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
Please E-Mail, John Davis, Head Women’s Basketball Coach, at [email protected]. No phone calls will be accepted.
- A brief, written personal Christian testimony
- Cover letter
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND APPLICANTS CONTACTED SHOULD ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BE DESIRED. DUE TO THE HIGH LEVEL OF INTEREST AND ANTICIPATED VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, DIRECT INQUIRIES MAY NOT RECEIVE A TIMELY RESPONSE