Purdue University Fort Wayne Athletics is seeking a 1st Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach to assist in the development and promotion of a competitive NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball program. Responsibilities include:
- Understand, follow and enforce all NCAA bylaws, League regulations, and university academic and other policies and procedures.
- Assist as requested with the recruitment of quality players.
- Assist with the running of practices and practice content.
- As requested, assist with oversight and monitoring of the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Reinforce and uphold team rules; behavior guidelines, and expectations consistent with university, NCAA and Athletic Department policies.
- Create and foster an environment that promotes the overall health and welfare of student-athletes.
- Assist as requested with the scheduling of contests as needed by the Head Coach. Assist with travel arrangements (vehicles, meals, lodging, etc.).
- Assist with any needed coordination of team technical needs, ordering equipment, uniforms, gear and/or supplies.
- If requested serve as an instructor for one HPER course per year for the School of Education, including development of course content, materials, evaluation and assignment of grades.
- Support and promote the Athletic Department’s mission, values and principles at public relations functions on campus and in the community.
- Participate in development activities under the direction of the Director of Athletics and/or Head Coach in conjunction with efforts of the Office of Development.
- Assume temporary administrative roles as required/needed by the Athletic Department.
- Participate in departmental meetings, searches, and committees as requested.
- Actively participate and assist in the evaluation of and formulation of departmental policies as requested.
- As requested, work with marketing to create positive publications benefiting your team, the Athletic Department and the general campus.
Find out why so many are taking advantage of a career at Purdue University Fort Wayne! Employees enjoy:
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself, spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Live and work in an affordable, family friendly community