The successful candidate will possess the ability to recruit, develop, coach and assist a collegiate women’s basketball program within the standards of Olivet College, the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Details follow this posting.
- Assist the Head Coach to develop, manage, and successfully coach basketball, to include scheduling, recruiting, equipment management, reporting scores and statistics, and website updating.
- Manage and operate within budget parameters, without exception. Submit all receipts and budget reports on time as directed by Director of Athletics.
- Ensure strict adherence to all MIAA and NCAA DIII by-laws and regulations.
- Ensure adherence with established institutional compliance rules, policies, and procedures as well as ethical standards of behavior.
- Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
- Ensure the spiritual, physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
- Responsible for successful coaching of Basketball, to include maximizing the team’s potential/abilities, keeping athletes eligible, supporting the spiritual development of each player, and retaining athletes through graduation.
- Assist the operations of sport camps and/or clinics.
- Assist in all department fund-raising and booster events in accordance with Olivet College, the MIAA and NCAA expectations, and institutional rules, policies, and procedures.
- Learn, understand, and adhere to all NCAA guidelines and maintain up-to-date rosters, squad lists and other information keeping compliance as a first priority.
- Assist in coordinating and developing organized schedules and submit weekly countable hours reports.
- Participate in long-range planning and assessment, attend all departmental training sessions and meetings, read and comply with all departmental policy manuals.
- Assist in planning and implementing daily practice sessions.