Mercy College Athletics Department, NCAA Division II program and Member of the East Coast Conference.
Position of Assistant Coach Responsibilities to include:
- Assist in providing leadership in all aspects of assigned program.
- Committed to compliance with the NCAA, East Coast Conference, and Mercy College regulations.
- Successful completion of the NCAA certification exam.
- Assist in identifying, evaluating and recruiting academically prepared students in accordance with College policy and NCAA regulations.
- Assist in providing academic oversight of student athletes to ensure retention and graduation.
- Assist in arranging all aspects of scheduling, team travel, team operations etc.
- Maintain open and harmonious communication with facets of campus community.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and integrity.
- Maintain moral and ethical integrity.
- Participate in community, campus, and departmental initiatives when appropriate.
- Submission of all required requests / paperwork.
- In addition, commitment in following the letter and spirit of NCAA, Conference, and College rules and regulations. Ability to effectively work with a diverse population of student athletes and coaches in a cultural climate that celebrates diversity.