Provide assistance to Head Coach in training student athletes who participate in the University sports program and administering the sports program as required.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct team and individual practice and training sessions as required.
- Assist in event scheduling, travel arrangements, budget, home event management, facility use as directed.
- Recruit athletically and academically qualified student athletes.
- Develop and establish recruiting area and networks.
- Monitor initial and continuing academic eligibility.
- Project a positive image of LMU Athletics and the University with the LMU and the extended community.
- Assist with fundraising, marketing, and promotional activities as required/directed.
Develop and establish a community involvement.
- Participate in public relations activities.
- Participate in LMU Summer Camp program as appropriate.
- Provide leadership to the Athletic Department by encouraging support of Athletic programs and actively supporting teams with attendance at events.
- Represent LMU within Athletic community and at professional organizations or associations, serve on committees as required.
- Conduct all aspects of program in accordance with the rules and policies
established by Loyola Marymount University, the Athletics Department, all Sports Conference Affiliations, and the national Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Complete all rules compliance information as required.
- Participate in an annual evaluation of adherence to rules compliance (LMU, Athletic Department, Sports Conference Affiliations, NCAA) with immediate supervisor.
- Participate in an evaluation of adherence to rules compliance (LMU, Athletic Department, Sport Conference Affiliations, NCAA) with immediate supervisor on an annual basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum 3 years coaching expertise and teaching experience in progressively responsible positions.
Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of:
- Teaching and Training techniques
- Organizational skills* Personnel management and staff development
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by background in preparing comprehensive reports and executive summaries incorporating complex, highly technical information.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated computer competency and preferably knowledgeable of word
- Typically a Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.