- Maintain and enhance the academic and athletic prowess of the program.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with the organization, direction, and administration of the women’s basketball program.
- Must be fully committed to compliance with all established institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in synergy, and other scouting technology in team preparation for opponents.
- Recruitment of highly skilled student-athletes who are capable of excelling both on the court as well as in the classroom, qualified student-athletes.
- Organize and provide skill instructions for student-athletes.
- Schedule games and fundraisers for the program, if needed.
- Establish professional relationships with key members of the local community as well as alumni.
- Maintain a keen knowledge of the sport of women’s basketball through ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Assist the Head Coach with responsibilities pertaining to sustaining a highly competitive Division I basketball program.
- Assist the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Assist with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
- Assist as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts.
- Provide technical support and training to athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of assigned team members.
- Work schedule will include evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus three years of relevant work experience in a similar program or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Proficient computer skills in Synergy, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.