QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
- Familiarity with NJCAA governing rules;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, specifically related to the recruitment of student-athletes;
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and efficiency skills;
- Ability to maintain strict accuracy and be detail oriented;
- Minimum of two (2) years of proven collegiate or club coaching experience;
- First aid, CPR and AED certification or pass testing within one month of date of hire;
- Ability, technical skills, and proven knowledge to work with elite collegiate athletes;
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written) in order to work within a state ranked program;
- Motivated self-starter with high character, integrity and leadership skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as with others;
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office and Windows based applications;
- Valid Florida driver’s license;
- All instructors/coaches must meet the appropriate credentialing requirements for the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACS).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential job functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Working directly under the supervision of the Head Women’s Basketball Coach on all organizational and coaching aspects of the collegiate team;
- Working fluctuating hours and responsibilities within different functional areas of the institution to be determined;
- Developing, implementing and modifying curriculum.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with all responsibilities in the development and implementation of all training for athletes in the program on a yearly basis. This will be inclusive of all conditioning and technical aspects involved with the sport of Women’s Basketball;
- Assisting with all recruitment of athletes that may become future student-athletes in the Women’s Basketball program. This responsibility will be inclusive of telephone calls, written communication, and on/off campus visits;
- Assisting with the coordination and running of summer camp programs for the local community members within the sport of Women’s Basketball;
- Assisting with assuring all aspects of game day management are complete for each contest;
- Working as part of a team in supporting student success, retention and completion;
- Driving duties as assigned;
- Completing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position requires an ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, and carry items occasionally in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as, copier, fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary. IRSC expects its employees to follow proper safety standards while employed by the College.
Compensation and Application Deadline
$35,370/year | This position will close on May 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm