The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for providing assistance to the head coach. All personnel must adhere to all safety standards, ensure the well-being of student-athletes and support their academic success.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the head coach in administering a highly competitive Division I Women’s Basketball Program.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to their sport.
- Assist with instructing individuals or groups on sports rules, game strategies, and performance.
- Evaluates and recruits qualified student-athletes.
- Assist with coordinating the travel arrangements and travel with the team during away contests.
- Assist with all aspects of the team, including strength and conditioning, practicing, competition and scheduling.
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the University, the SWAC and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
- Works cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department, always present the University positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and AAU coaches, media and general public.
- Assist with scheduling community service events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two to Five years of coaching experience on collegiate or high school level
- Effective written/oral communication
- Ability to work effectively with all intercollegiate personnel, students, alumni and community
- Sound judgment and maturity
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA rules and regulations
- Master’s Degree
- Previous experience in intercollegiate athletics