Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach – Furman University
|Position:||Assistant Women's Basketball Coach|
Under the direction of the Head Coach for Women’s, the Assistant Coach should have a working knowledge of all Southern Conference and NCAA policies, rules, and regulations and adhere to these policies as they pertain to the job.
1. Assists the Head Coach and adheres to all Southern Conference and NCAA rules and regulations regarding recruiting by:
2. Teaches areas of expertise to respective athletes.
3. Assists with all travel arrangements and insures that all proper paperwork is done.
4. Assists with purchases of equipment in the sport and provides security and care for the equipment in coordination with the equipment manager
5. Assists with Coordination of the admission process by:
6. Assists with providing all reports and lists which would include: scholarship, eligibility, awards, team rosters, and NCAA Squad List.
9. Coordinates the video exchange program.
10. Assists with off-season player development by organizing conditioning and weight-training program in consultation with the trainers and weight coaches.
Daily contact with members of own work unit, immediate supervisor, members of other department, and other coaches to plan, coordinate, problem solve, present information, and make suggestions related to mutual goals.
Frequent contact with potential recruits to influence, motivate or persuade parties to obtain desired results.
Occasional contact with alumni, parents and community to exchange factual information and explanation of rules, regulations, practices or functions.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Tasks involve multiple procedures with interrelated processes or steps. Work involves choosing the appropriate option or procedure to follow and applying established rules and procedures.
Errors are readily detected in the normal course of work by standard check or crosscheck.
Reports To: Head Coach for Women’s Basketball.
Work is performed independently for routine work, non-routine issues or questions are referred to the supervisor.
Bachelors Degree with 1 – 2 years experience in related field.
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Extensive knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Please follow link below for complete job description and application information.