Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach – Concordia College (NY)
|School:||Concordia College (NY)|
The Concordia College NY Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach assists in the coordination of all aspects of Concordia College NY Women’s Basketball activities including coaching, recruiting, organizing and planning both practice and competition strategies, team management, administration, and academic advisement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Adhere to and enforce all Concordia College NY departmental policies and procedures as well as rules and regulations of the CACC and NCAA
2. Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes within defined departmental strategies acceptable to standard Concordia College NY entrance requirements and within departmental resources designed specifically to promote timely graduation and effective use of athletic eligibility
3. Support a positive student-athlete experience, which is reflected by both high retention and graduation rates among recruited student-athletes
4. Provide necessary instruction for the teaching of fundamentals, game rules, and strategies relative to each sport
5. Assist in Scheduling and conducting regular practice sessions during traditional and non-traditional segments of the year
6. Maintain team equipment inventory
7. Monitor and support student-athlete academic progress
8. Serve as a positive role model and mentor to the student community
9. Provide counseling to student-athletes when appropriate
10. Required to transport team to off-site games and/or events
11. Maintain a noticeable presence on campus
12. As per NCAA bylaw 11.2.1, please realize that if you are found in violation of any NCAA regulations you shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures. Furthermore, as bylaw 126.96.36.199, please realize that you may be suspended for a period, without pay, and/or our relationship terminated if you are found to be involved in deliberate and serious violations of NCAA regulations.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in field related to Physical Education, Recreation, Kinesiology, and/or Sports Management; or 5 years of coaching experience.
A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of NCAA Division II and CACC rules and regulations is required.
Excellent interpersonal, teaching and communication skills are essential.
Ability to recruit student athletes, develop successful programs, work effectively & enthusiastically within small intercollegiate athletics department, and maintain operations (budget, equipment ordering, NCAA eligibility, game management, etc.).
Basketball coaching experience at the intercollegiate level preferred.
Exhibit prior experience with student-athlete recruitment or the evidence of potential for success in recruitment.
Demonstrate evidence of ability to work well with college-age student-athletes and proven ability to perform administrative aspects of the program.
Currently certified in First Aid, AED, and CPR.
Follow link below for official job posting and application information.