Position Summary: This position is responsible for assisting the Women’s Basketball program.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing a recruitment strategy for prospective student athletes. Informing prospects of University academic programs, talent evaluation, coordinating mailings, telephone calls, and email exchanges. Maintain department and University standards for communication by actively monitoring on campus and off campus through in person contacts. Work effectively with the department of intercollegiate athletics and office of enrollment services to meet recruitment goals.
- Assist with day to day duties: Assist in the planning, development, and direction of all team training and conditioning activities in the traditional segment at a level that will place program in a position of competitive leadership in the Northern Athletics Conference. Assist in preparation and implementation of scouting reports, game film, as well as film exchange program.
- Implementation and organization of student athlete services program. Partner with the student success center and coaching staff in providing academic services for student athletes. Partner with Student Athlete Services to assist students in daily needs and services. Create a “watch” list each term, as well as monitor class attendance and term progress reports. Coordinate with Student Athlete Services to inform faculty of student-athlete absences. Assist with the retention of student athletes through social and academic counseling; interaction with University retention team and coaching staff.
- Assist with Women’s Basketball operations under the supervision of the Head Coach. This includes managing the overall budget, including the basketball operating budget, recruiting budget, and fundraising budget within the approved policies and procedures of Benedictine University. This will also include coordinating team travel, room reservations (on and off campus), and meals. This includes management, purchase and inventory of team uniforms, equipment and supplies.
- On-site supervision of Rice / Fitness Center. Observe and implement the policies of identification of Rice / Fitness Center users as well as all other Rice / Fitness Center policies and procedures. Monitor health and safety of all users in the Rice / Fitness Center. Attain proper certification while committing to continuing education for strength & conditioning.
- Provide instruction in technique and safety procedures in adherence with NCAA regulations and Sports Performance expectations in the declared playing and practice seasons.