- Assists the head coach by planning, critiquing and implementing strategies designed to achieve success in a competitive sports program.
- Develops student athletes on the Division 1 level by using effective coaching techniques to critique and improve the student athletes’ skill and performance during the sports competition.
- Promotes the success of student athletes by identifying and recruiting only those student athletes who are qualified to compete academically and athletically at the NCAA Division 1 level.
- Promotes the academic progress of assigned student athletes by functioning as a strong mentor and liaison with the Athletics Academic Office.
- Enforces team discipline and policies by providing guidance and counsel to student athletes.
- Ensures program operations and integrity by assisting with daily operations and management; adhering to and enforcing all policies and procedures required by the TCU Athletics Department, Conference, and NCAA.
- Maintains staff confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.