Position Purpose: The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Basketball Coach with organizing, administrating and managing all aspects of the Aurora University NCAA Division III women’s basketball program.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the head coach of the sport by carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Coaches the position(s) or segments necessary as directed by the head coach.
- Recruits individual student-athletes or territories as directed by the head coach.
- Understands and follows NCAA and conference rules and regulations. Follows NCAA recruitment rules as outlined in Bylaw 13 in the NCAA Division III Manual. Reports any alleged violations of NCAA, conference, or institutional rules and regulations.
- Assists student-athletes and their parents to understand the educational programs and opportunities at Aurora University as well as the opportunities in the athletic program. Answers questions to aid in the understanding of NCAA Division III rules related to recruitment.
- Maintains high expectations for academic achievement. Monitors the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques and strategies, which includes developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of practices as necessary.
- Maintains self-control and poise; provides an example of sportsmanlike conduct for team members, officials, opponents and spectators.
- Attends athletic department meetings and university community meetings and functions.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Drives university or rental vehicles as needed for away contests.
- Performs special and/or additional duties as required by the Director of Athletics.