In this drill Coach Tony Miller breaks down a great team shooting drill revolving around stagger screens for the shooter. Check out the full breakdown in the video below!
Those who watched the NBA bubble games in 2020 know that one of the most common actions they saw were stagger screens for shooters.
stagger screen shooting
- Drill begins when the dish passes out to Player 1.
- On the pass, Player 2 will begin to run off the stagger screen (cones).
- Player 1 passes to Player 2 for the shot.
- Player 1 accepts a second pass from the Dish and then shoots.
- Player 2 replaces Player 1; Player 3 replaces Player 2; and Player 1 replaces Player 3.