|Responsibilities and Expectations
The head women’s basketball coach will provide a clear vision for the program, consistent with its past, the traditions and mission of the College, and the athletics department. Success in the following areas will be expected. Applicants should describe experiences and achievements that demonstrate their capacity to successfully:
• Maintain the College’s commitment to academic and athletic excellence, personal growth and development, and full participation of student-athletes in all aspects of college life.
• Organize, manage, direct, and administer an intercollegiate women’s basketball program that competes regularly for Old Dominion Athletic Conference championships and complies fully with all College, NCAA, and ODAC regulations and rules.
• Hire motivate, supervise, evaluate, and develop assistant coaches.
• Identify and recruit a diverse group of top-level student-athletes.
• Teach, coach, and mentor a diverse group of top-level student-athletes.
• Manage program budget, travel, and equipment logistics consistent with department and College policies.
• Represent the program internally and externally with groups including, but not limited to, prospective and current R-MC students; R-MC faculty and staff; athletes, coaches, administrators from other institutions; friends and families of R-MC basketball; donors, fans, and the greater college community.
Qualifications for the Position
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• 4 years of collegiate coaching experience at assistant coach level or higher preferred;
• Proven commitment to excellence in academics and athletics;
• Demonstrated understanding of Division III recruitment, and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with Admissions staff in enrolling student-athletes in an academically rigorous institution;