|Eastern Oklahoma State College is seeking a head women’s basketball coach. Eastern competes in the NJCAA Region II Conference.
|Under administrative direction, the head women’s basketball coaching position responsibilities include:
- Plan, administer, and evaluate the overall operation of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program to include, but not limited to, academic achievement of student-athletes, recruitment of qualified prospects, supervision of assistant coaches and other staff assigned to the program, compliance, program management (eligibility, scheduling, travel, budget, equipment), and student-athlete welfare. The head coach assumes full responsibility for ensuring that team performance is competitive in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) with the goal of achieving post-season competition. Head Coach reports to the Athletic Director.
- Promote the institutional position on intercollegiate issues as determined under administrative policy and procedures adopted by the College, Conference or the NJCAA.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes.
- Organize and evaluate practices and intercollegiate competitions. Teach necessary skills from basic fundamentals to the techniques and strategies of team play. Direct the conditioning and training of student-athletes to insure proper preparation for intercollegiate athletic competition.
- Promote the physical and mental well-being of all program participants.
- Promote and foster a positive team environment, appropriate behavior, and sportsmanship by team members. Responsible for the conduct of team members both on and off the field.
- Recommend budget and administer approved allocation.
- Oversee the selection, purchase, fitting, and upkeep of team equipment.
- Exercise functional and administrative supervision for any assigned assistant coaches and other support staff, to include their compliance with NJCAA, Conference and College rules and policies which govern the conduct of the Intercollegiate Athletic program.
- Prepare data and reports as necessary in support of college requirements.
- Arrange a competitive competition schedule as approved and coordinate travel arrangements needed in support thereof.
- Participate in clinics, exhibitions, camps as approved.
- Recommend future schedules, personnel, financial and facilities requirements for women’s basketball to the Athletics Director.
- Assist with fund-raising, promotional activities, speaking engagements, and alumni events as requested or approved. Participate in public relations activities that strengthen the relationship between the College and the Community.
- Promote and foster a positive team environment, appropriate behavior, and sportsmanship by team members.
- Know, recognize and comply with the laws, policies, rules and regulations governing the College and its employees, and the rules of the NJCAA and affiliated conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if there is reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
- Plan and supervise the recruitment and selection of qualified prospects capable of competing in the classroom and on the court. Recommend scholarship awards for student-athletes to the Athletics Director.
- Assist Athletic Director with coordinating, scheduling, and implementing, high school basketball tournaments.
- Assist Athletic Director with coordinating, scheduling, and implementing, Kiamichi All-star Games.
- Perform other duties as assigned.