|Purpose of PositionUT Tyler invites applications for the position of Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach. The successful candidate will have a focus on supporting student-athlete success and developing a competitive NCAA Division II program.
- Execute a successful recruiting and retention plan; integrating the program into the campus community; scheduling, planning, and supervising practices and contests; team travel; managing the program operating budget; fundraising.
- Help administer all aspects of the program ensuring compliance with departmental, institutional, Lone Star Conference, and NCAA DII rules and regulations; participating in alumni and booster engagement, including promotion of program on social media platforms; and additional coaching and administrative duties as assigned.
- Aid in managing and operating within the budget parameters, without exception, and submit all receipts and budget reports on time as directed by the Director of Athletics.
- Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
- Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes, including issues related to gender, ethnic diversity, and sexual orientation.
- Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes that includes providing education about and methods for discussing and resolving harassment or discrimination.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all athletics staff members and student-athletes through a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, respect for the competencies of others and appropriate conflict resolution behavior.
- Responsible for successful coaching of the UT Tyler women’s basketball team, to include maximizing the team’s potential/abilities, keeping athletes eligible and retaining athletes through graduation.
- Aid in the responsibility for the design, execution, and effectiveness of a system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are complied with.
- Help manage the operations of basketball camps and/or clinics.
- The Assistant Coach must help develop a competitive program within the Lone Star Conference with the goal of postseason participation. The Assistant Coach must also provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of computers including databases.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong public relations and interpersonal skills to interact effectively and professionally with University community, outside community, and the press.
- Must possess a commitment to student learning and success, as well as a dedication to growth, development, innovation, and improvement.
- Must possess sensitivity to a diverse background of students (academic, socio. economic, cultural/ethnic, physical/learning disabilities).
- Must possess commitment and capabilities to abide by NCAA and Conference rules.
- Position requires travel.
- Position requires working evening and/or weekend hours.
- Applicants are subject to an NCAA enforcement staff compliance review, and employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.